(Digos City) (October 11, 2015) — The Rotary Club of South Digos (RCSD) greets its district governor as he comes to visit for tete a tete. Club President Teodorico “Jojo” Dofiles II welcomes the current Rotary district 3860 governor RTN Salvador “Buddy” Estudillo in a short program held last October 9, 2015 at Avenue One Hotel. Along with the district governor were Past District Governor RTN Salvador “Bading” Angala, Assistant Governor RTN Cary Beatisola and Davao del Sur’s own Associate Governor RTN Atty. Rizonar. Governor Buddy’s Digos stop-over is part of his annual district-wide tour of all clubs across Mindanao and Visayas.
During the program, club secretary RTN Amelia “Amy” Alquiza gave her report on the current club status to the governor. Since the club’s founding in 2003, the South Digos Rotarians have placed many quills in the club’s cap. The club has also grown to forty active members since its establishment with one new member added last July 31st.
After the report, the governor gave his message to the club assuring his commitment to “be a gift to the world” this Rotary year 2015-2016. He likewise reminds the club officers and members to fulfill the core principles through the Rotary’s 4-Way Test and accomplish the Governor’s laundry list of challenges for the year. The governor’s challenge is composed of 14 objectives which if accomplished would mean recognition for the club in its annual convention:
- Accomplish the Rotary Year 2015-2016 R.I. Presidential Activities
- Participate in the membership challenge by achieving a net gain of 1.5% and 100 % membership retention
- Support the Rotary Foundation by participating in the annual gift giving program with special focus on the per capita giving.
- Induct at least one (1) Paul Harris Fellow
- Sponsor or recruit at least one (1) non-Rotarian to subscribe to the Philippine Rotary Magazine (PRM)
- Achieve all the six (6) area of focus.
- Participate in the rapid disaster awareness and preparedness programs
- Participate in the DISCON 2016 and bring at least 30% of your members and spouses/partners
- 100% subscription to the PRM
- Participate in the Blood Service Program, RYLA. ROTARACT/INTERACT
- Participate in the Dengue Eradication Program.
- Attendance in DISTAS and DISCON with at least 15 members.
- Attendance in the Seamless Seminar on TRF, PR and MD with at least five (5) members.
- Contribute features/stories to the PRM at least one (1) per quarter.
After the governor gave his speech, Rotary club members then gave a few tokens to remember the club by. The program ended with a fellowship dinner held at the hotel’s function hall.
Rotary brings together a global network of volunteer leaders dedicated to tackling the world’s most pressing humanitarian challenges. Rotary connects 1.2 million members of more than 34,000 Rotary clubs in over 200 countries and geographical areas. Their work impacts lives at both the local and international levels, from helping families in need in their own communities to working toward a polio-free world. For more information, visit Rotary.
Contacts: Ardeen Roy C. Diamante (email@example.com)